Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Process

For those of you who stumbled across this blog and are interested in the process of applying, I will briefly overview the process of applying for the Disney College Program.

I followed the Disney College Program on twitter (https://twitter.com/DisneyCPInterns) and one day they posted that new applications for the fall was being accepted. I quickly jumped up from the couch and made my way to the computer. I did not know how fast they would fill the positions so I just ran to the computer and started to fill out the application (http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/default/). I filled out what jobs I would want and basically filled out any job that they had. I wanted to make sure I was getting to Florida.

The next bit of the process was the Web based Interview. It sounds scary but it is very simple. They will ask a question and you have to fill out your answer of the scale of Strongly disagree to strongly Agree. Answer honestly, they'll know if you don't.

After the web based Interview is complete, they will tell you if you qualify for the phone interview, or if you did not meet the requirements. They sent an email the day of the web based interview and I had to log on and schedule my phone interview. I scheduled it two weeks from the day. I was constantly looking at Disney blogs and Disboards for help and to read what the interview would be like. I was stressing. But once the phone rang and I answered I was fine.

The Phone interview is nothing to be scared about. I answered the phone, "Hello this is Jordan," and remembered to jot down the phone interviewer's name on the notepad in front of me. Most things I read said to bring her name up at the end of the interview when I say thanks. I don't know if it affects much but it was worth a shot. The interview was basic questions about myself and what my top 3 job choices, Attractions, Merchandise, and Quick Service Food and Beverage were. They ask you questions about these jobs and more to see what job is best for you.

Five days after my phone interview I got an email that said I had been accepted and to accept the job within 10 days. I quickly accepted my quick service food and beverage job and called all my family to let them know.

I hope this helps you if you stumbled across this and want to join the Disney College Program. Or if you were interested on what I had went through to get to the point I am at now.

No comments:

Post a Comment